Thailand tourism industry hails success of We Travel Together scheme

The Tourism Authority of Thailand hailed the success of its We Travel Together scheme after holidaymakers rushed to book resorts during the newest phase of the programme.
Within simply six hours of the lodge subsidy programme’s availability, a exceptional 112,876 room nights have been reserved out of the 560,000 obtainable, demonstrating a excessive level of demand.
According to Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn, the whole worth of transactions during this time amounted to a formidable 443 million baht, with an average reserving price of 300 per minute, Bangkok Post reported. Treasure noting that 40% of the whole value, or a hundred and seventy million baht, was offered by the government subsidy, whereas the remaining 60% (273 million baht) was paid by the purchasers themselves.
Yuthasak said…
“The quantity of bookings confirmed there may be pent-up demand for the following one-two months in addition to robust buying energy.
“The robust demand is partially because of an easing in Covid-19 infections, which encouraged locals to plan leisure trips or go to their hometown in the course of the Songkran vacation in April.
“The 500 resorts added for the fifth section of the scheme provide travellers with greater choice, whereas the quick period (ending in April) and the limited number of privileges, at less than a million, accelerated people’s purchases.
“Although key destinations similar to Chiang Mai and Bangkok have high levels of air air pollution in the intervening time, bookings for those locations have been sturdy as tourists haven’t postponed or cancelled their journeys.”

Well respected launched the primary phase of the We Travel Together subsidy programme in July 2020. The earlier four phases of the scheme had a finances of 27 billion baht and generated over forty nine billion baht for the local economy by way of 11.5 million room nights.
The just lately launched fifth section, with a price range of 2 billion baht, is anticipated to generate 9.2 billion baht in direct income and contribute to an estimated financial influence of fifty eight.6 billion baht throughout all phases.
The positive influence of the subsidy programme on the home tourism business is clear within the latest knowledge launched by the Tourism and Sports Ministry.
In January 2023, there was a big increase in home journeys, with 15.8 million journeys recorded, representing a 65% progress compared to the same period final 12 months. This resulted in a revenue improve of forty seven.3% for native vacationers, reaching 70 million baht.
The top five provinces that welcomed the best number of visitors had been Bangkok, Chon Buri, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, and Phetchaburi.
Overall, the We Travel Together programme has performed an important role in stimulating the domestic tourism trade and boosting the local financial system..

Leave a Comment