Eyesore wires and cables are being cleaned up in Bangkok

Looking up in Bangkok might be a bit clearer now, and you’ve received Hollywood to thank for it. After Russell Crowe went viral throughout his journey to movie a movie in Thailand for his tweets, notably one displaying the mess of wires strung across Bangkok streets, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission labored with the Metropolitan Electricity Authority to clean up the jumble of cables.
After the viral tweet got Thai folks calling on one thing to be done, The MEA defended themselves, saying that the wires in his photo were not theirs and had been, in reality, communication cables. Gift cabling and communication wires are simply blended up. Still, the publicity prompted PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to push to maneuver all communication cables underground.
The NBTC’s district 11 office partnered with the MEA’s Bang Kapi workplace and native telecom firms to undertake the duty of detangling the cables at Soi Petchaburi 31 in Bang Kapi, with unused wires being eliminated. They expected the complete rewiring cleanup challenge to be accomplished by December 15.
The district 11 director said the cleanup is not going to only remove an eyesore but in addition improve safety for area residents and drivers passing via. The wires can block visibility be also the buildup of old and decommissioned wires crush the electric poles which have been known to break down. Poorly maintained cable can even snap and endanger anyone on the street beneath, particularly a live wire that may spark and trigger fires.
Plus it will enhance the worldwide picture of Thailand in the eyes of vacationers that might be put of by photos and videos of thick patches of sparking wires blocking what may probably be picturesque views. Locals on the soi that has been cleaned up say they are relieved that the blocked views are cleared and the danger of electrical catastrophe is decreased.
Of the cables cleared and reorganised on Soi Phetchaburi 31, only 10% were electrical. The remaining 90% of the wires had been telecom cables that belong to the telephone firms, web service providers, and cable TV corporations that put in them..

Leave a Comment